Thursday, July 22, 2010

Evening Red Sunset Entry Hall

This is a 50' long cross-groin vaulted entry hall.
The architecture is spectular!
The color scheme isn't bad either! I used Scalamandre' Silks in canteloupe and coral, with honey colored parquet floors, and limestone glazed trimwork. The vaults are faux finished in light shrimp with pale canteloupe custom paint for the walls. That's a trio of Niermann Weeks chandeliers. The striped bench on the right midway down is drawn up to the massive limestone dual-sided fireplace to warm both the entry and the salon. How could I call it a living room, in this grand European-style architecture? This space just makes me happy. I love looking at it. I hope you will too! Can you imagine this entry with builder's white paint? That's why interior design is important, it amplifies the value of your home, emotionally, rationally. That's what makes a home, home!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment